Prepare time: 5 min Cook: 10 min Ready in: 15 min
- 1 cup of frozen or fresh blueberries
- 4 bags of green tea
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup of fresh orange juice
- 5 tablespoons of organic honey
- 5 cups of water
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Extra blueberries for filling
1Wash the blueberries and dry it using paper towels. Set aside to completely dry. Take a large pot and transfer the water into the pot. Bring the water to boil. When it is boiling, remove from heat. Toss the green tea bag into the pot and cover it with lid. Leave the tea bags in it to steep. It should take around 5 minutes or until the water turns to greenish. When the hot water turns to green tea, remove the entire tea bags. Be careful not to drop the tea bags into the water or ripping it.
2Prepare a blender. Take out a cup of the tea and transfer it into the blender. Toss in the blueberries into the blender, and blend them together. It should take a few seconds or until the blueberries are crushed. Stop the blender and prepare a large pitcher.
3Pour the tea and blueberries mix into the pitcher through a strainer. Use a spoon or silicon spatula to give it a little pressure so all the liquid mix going through the strainer, leaving the solid residue. Discard the solid.
4Take the remaining tea in the pot and pour it into the pitcher. Stir for a few seconds until both are mixed well and incorporated. When it is well mixed, add the lemon juice and honey. Stir for a few more seconds until everything is well dissolved. Taste a little to make sure it has the right sweetness. You can add the honey if you want it a little sweeter. When you’re done, transfer the pitcher into the fridge and chill for at least an hour before serving. Serve in glasses and add the lemon slice as garnish.
- In alternative to blueberries, you can also try red grapes, cranberries, raspberries, or blackberries. Each will contribute different taste to your juice so make sure you prepare extra lemon juice and honey to keep it level.
- It tastes great as well if you add fresh mint leaves on it. Simply add the mint leaves when you are done mixing all the ingredients or when you garnish while serving. Don’t add it while you’re blending.