Prepare time: 35 min Cook: 10 min Ready in: 50 min
- 2 pounds of boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1/ cup of lime juices from around 2 limes
- Grated zest from 2 limes
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- 3 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- More extra virgin olive oil for grilling
- Lime wedges for serving
- Cilantro fresh springs for garnish
- Avocado slices for serving
1Let’s prepare the meat first. Wash the chicken meat and cut them into thinner cutlets. Set aside. Take plastic wrap or wax paper, and place a slice of the chicken meat between two layers of it. To reach even thickness on the slice, pound the chicken using a mill or meat mallet. Repeat it to the rests of the chicken meat. Set aside.
2Take a large mixing bowl and add sugar, cilantro, lime juice, lime zest, olive oil, pepper, and salt into it. Stir until everything is well mixed. Add the chicken breast one by one. Make sure to cover the entire meat surface with the marinade mixture and massage the meat to help absorbing the marinade well. When you are done, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and transfer to fridge. Chill the chicken for at least 3 minutes. It is recommended to chill the chicken for 4 hours or even overnight for even better taste.
3Pre heat the frill to medium high heat. Take out the chicken from the grill and remove the plastic wrap. Take each slice of the chicken, absorb the remaining moisture using paper towel, and coat it with extra virgin olive oil. Do the same with the entire slices in the bowl and transfer the chicken breasts on a plate.
4Layer the grill with some more extra virgin olive oil. When the grill is hot enough, start grilling the chicken breasts. Grill each side of the chicken for a few minutes, and then flip to cook the other side. When the meats are cooked throughout, often indicated with good grill marks on it, remove them from the heat. Serve with lime wedge and avocado slices on the side, and cilantro for garnish.
- If you don’t like cilantro, you can replace it with fresh grated ginger for the marinade. In alternative to it, chopped parsley or minced garlic will make tasty combination as well for the recipe.
- You can add your favorite salad as the side dish, but the lime wedges are important to complete the taste while serving.