Prepare time: 15 min Cook: 40 min Ready in: 60 min
- 2 medium heads of broccoli, cut them into florets
- 1 tablespoon of fresh chopped parsley
- ½ cup of finely ground breadcrumb
- 1 whole egg
- 1 white egg
- ½ cup of small diced yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup of small diced oninon
- Ground fresh pepper
- Extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray
1Pre heat the oven to 375° Fahrenheit. Take a large baking sheet and grease the surface with the extra virgin olive oil or cooking spray. Make sure all surface is well covered. Set aside. Take a large pot and bring some water to boil.
2When the water is bubbly boiling add the broccoli florets and some salt. Cook them until the broccoli gets soft. It should take around 3 to 5 minutes. Check using fork by puncturing the broccoli and see if it is tender enough. Don’t get too tender.
3When the broccoli is soft enough, drain it and leave to completely dry for a while. Prepare a food processor, and add the broccoli into it. Blend the broccoli in the food processor for several seconds.
4Take out the broccoli and transfer to a kitchen towel. Squeeze the towel until you can get the moisture out of the broccoli. Take a medium mixing bowl and toss in the entire ingredients into it and add the broccoli. Stir until it is well mixed.
5Using a tablespoon, take one or two scoop of the mixture, and shape them into tots using your hands. Transfer the tots to the baking sheet with around an inch space between each tot. When all mixture is transferred to tots and placed in the baking sheet, transfer the sheet into the oven and bake for around 20 to 25 minutes until the bottom sides are crispy.
6Take out the sheet and turn the tots so the bottom sides are on top now, and bake again for another 20 minutes or until they get crispy on all surfaces. Take out and let it cool for several seconds. Serve warm with your favorite dip.
- In alternative to broccoli, you can also use cauliflower with this recipe.
- Drying the processed broccoli is extremely crucial to reach the crispy texture. Repeat the procedure using one or two more new and dry kitchen towel to completely squeeze water and moisture in it.
- In alternative to ½ cup of breadcrumbs, you can also use ¼ cup of breadcrumbs and ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese.