Prepare time: 10 min Cook: 15 min Ready in: 35 min
Sweet Potatoes Fries
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika powder, optional
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Black pepper
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic, crush them
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup of plain yogurt
- Fresh cilantro, cut them, optional
1Pre heat your oven to 200° Celcius or 400° Fahrenheit. Take a large baking tray and line it with a layer of parchment. Wash the potatoes and dry them with paper cloth. When they are dry already, cut them into pieces you prefer. It is recommended to cut them to sticks, and ¼ to ½ inch wide is always welcomed.
2Take a large mixing bowl and toss the potatoes into the bowl. Add the extra virgin olive oil into the bowl and mix until the potatoes are covered with it. Add the entire spices into the bowl, garlic powder, black pepper, and salt. Toss them until well mixed.
3Take the baking tray and set the potatoes at the tray. Give it a little space for room to breathe.
4Bake the potatoes in the oven for around 10 to 15 minutes, or until the bottom side is crisp enough. Take out the tray and flip the potatoes and put them back in the oven. Bake for around 10 minutes. Take out when it’s done.
5While waiting for the potatoes to be done, let’s prepare the avocado dip. Use a food processor and process the crushed garlic until well minced. Spoon the avocado meat and add in the food processor. Add together the fresh lemon juice and yogurt at the same time. Mix until it gets into smooth texture. Season with pepper and salt and mix again.
6Transfer the avocado to a small serving bowl. Garnish with cilantro and paprika powder on top. The potatoes and dip are ready to serve.
- It is recommended to serve the potatoes while it is warm because it will lose some of its crispness as it gets colder.
- If you are serving for the kids, and they don’t agree with spicy taste, you can reduce the amount of the pepper if you want to. In addition to it, you can skip the paprika powder as well so the taste agrees with them.