Prepare time: 5 min Cook: 4 hours Ready in: 4 hours and 10 min
- ⅔ cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup of lemon Greek yogurt
- 1 ¼ cup of fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons of honey
1Take a large mixing bowl and add both yogurts, vanilla, and honey. Stir until they are well mixed into an incorporated mixture. Toss the blueberries and stir evenly. Prepare regular size cup cake cavities and line it with cupcake liners.
2Fill each cavity with the yogurt mixture. Make sure to give it equal amount on each. When the entire mixture is poured, transfer the yogurts into the freezer and freeze for around 4 hours until it gets the right texture.
3Take out the frozen yogurt and let it sit for 1 or 2 minutes at room temperature. When it’s not too chilling anymore, take it out from the cavities and liners. Transfer the frozen yogurt to a serving plate. Serve with some more fresh blueberries if you like.
- For the plain Greek yogurt, this recipe uses Chobani’s non fat plain yogurt. It freezes great and it has great consistency for the recipe.
This recipe also uses Chobani’s blended lemon yogurt. It has lots of zesty lemon flavor while it also has some added sugar to add some sweetness for the yogurt bites.
However, the recipe can use other brands as well as long as the yogurt has good consistency and the taste agrees with you.
- If you don’t particularly like the combination of blueberries and lemon, you can also use other combinations as well. The recommended mixture include coconut and pineapple, vanilla and strawberry, and raspberry and lime.
- It is important to set it on room temperature for 1 or 2 minutes to prevent stinging sensation while biting it. Especially for kids, don’t serve it too cold.
However, it is also recommended to serve it while it is still cool enough in which it keeps it firm form.
- The right targeted texture is a soft bite on it but it doesn’t melt it. It should feel like biting ripe fresh banana when you bite the frozen yogurt bite.
- For vegan, use the dairy free yogurt in the same total amount needed. Leave the ⅔ cup plain, and mix 1 cup of it with lemon juice or simply use dairy free lemon yogurt.