Prepare time: 10 min Cook: 30 min Ready in: 40 min
- 12 large whole eggs
- ¼ cup of chopped green peppers
- ½ pound of bulk pork sausage
- ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of chopped onions
- Cooking spray
1Pre heat the oven to 350° Fahrenheit. Take a large non sticky skillet and layer with a little cooking spray. Cook the sausage in the skillet until it isn’t pink anymore. Remove the sausage from heat and set aside. When it is cool enough cut it into Use a large mixing bowl and add the eggs into it. Beat the eggs, and add pepper, garlic powder, salt, green pepper, and onion. When it is well mixed, add the cheese and sausage. Whisk again until it is well combined. Set aside.
2Prepare a muffin cooking tray and layer it with muffin cups and cooking spray. When it is ready, scoop the egg mixture into the muffin cups. Fill ⅓ part of each of the muffin cups. When all the mixture is added, transfer the cooking tray into the oven and bake for around 20 to 25 minutes, or until a tooth pick comes out clean when you take it out after inserting it into the muffin. When the muffins are well cooked, take it out from the oven and let it cool for a few seconds. Serve while it is warm.
- In alternative to green peppers, you can also use spinach instead. It is often better when you make the muffins for kids. It contains good nutrients too and it tastes better for children. Just make sure not to add too much pepper on the mixture to prevent it from being too spicy for your kids.
- If you have leftovers, don’t discard it. Let the muffins in room temperature to cool. When it is cool enough, transfer them back into the baking sheets lined with paper line. Cover the baking sheet and keep it in the fridge to firm. When the muffins are firm enough, place them into a resealable plastic freezer bag. Place it back in the freezer. When you are ready to serve, place the muffins on the cooking tray layered with cooking spray, and cover the tray with foil. Reheat in the oven with 350° Fahrenheit temperature until warm, or microwave each of the muffins for 30 to 60 seconds over high heat.