- 1 cup of fresh strawberries, or 8 to 9 large strawberries, remove the greens
- 1 ½ cups of watermelon cubes or balls
- 3 teaspoons of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- Water, optional for thinner texture
- Ice cubes, optional
1Wash the strawberries and dry it using paper towels. Transfer to a bowl and freeze in the fridge before processing. Take it out when it is chilled and you are ready to make the juice. Do the same procedure for the watermelon balls. You can skip this step if you prefer to use ice cube to make chill juice instead.
2Prepare a blender and toss in the watermelon balls, the strawberries, lemon juices. Add the honey and add some water if it is desired. Blend the entire ingredients until it is smooth. You can add more water if it is still too thick and blend it again.
It is recommended to start with no water first because watermelon is already watery. It prevents you from too thin texture of the juice. You can add the water little by little later when the entire ingredients are already smooth.
3Taste a little of the mixture and see if it has the right level of sweetness on your taste. Add more honey if you desired and blend it again until it reaches the right taste. Prepare a large pitcher and place a sieve on top of it. Strain the juice through the sieve into the pitcher to remove the remaining seeds. Serve in small glasses immediately while it is still chilled.
- It is recommended to use seedless watermelon to avoid the black seeds. Seedless watermelon still has seeds, but they are white and they are totally edible.
- It is also recommended to cut the strawberries into smaller chunks to fasten the blending process. Faster blending process will make sure the heat doesn’t replace the chill on the fruits.
- It is already sweet without honey or sugar, so you can skip adding them as well if you want to. It makes cleaner and healthier juice even.
- You can also use non chilled fruits for the juice. When you are done making the juice, cover the pitcher and freeze it in the fridge. When it is chill enough, take it out and serve the juice in small glasses. It still has the chill without ice cubes or the need to freeze the fruit first while it easily gets warmer during blending process.